Giles is a member of the real estate practice with broad experience obtained during transactions conducted for occupiers, landlords, institutional investors, retail enterprises and developers across the technology and life sciences sectors.
In acting for a number of clients on their commercial property acquisitions, disposals, financing, landlord and tenant and corporate matters, Giles has developed comprehensive knowledge of the legal and commercial considerations which are key to the successful completion of each.
With an understanding of the risks and concerns that impact on investments made by businesses, clients have praised Giles’ succinct, resourceful and pragmatic advice which is given in an efficient manner to work harmoniously with decision makers.
His recent experience includes:
- Acting on behalf of a rapidly growing international food hall operator on its acquisition, development and management of retail spaces in central London.
- Working with one of the largest garden centre and lifestyle retail groups in the UK during its purchase of eight sites from an established brand and the subsequent sale and leaseback of certain assets to an offshore fund.
- Providing advisory support and transactional assistance to a multinational life sciences organisation on its lease renewal of HQ premises
Instructed by a classical music agency with offices in the UK, Germany and China on an exit and dilapidations settlement together with the subsequent grant of a ten year lease of new premises subject to tenant works.
- Being retained by high-profile technology clients within the advertising standards and data privacy sectors to provide advice on leasehold and management arrangements at various commercial premises within Central London.
- Legal Practice Course, The College of Law, Moorgate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law, Nottingham Law School
- BA (Hons), Politics, Sheffield University
- Qualified 2014
What others say
"Tim Allen and Giles Davy provide specialist knowledge which is particularly invaluable when negotiating turnover rent provisions."Legal 500 2020