Claire specialises in commercial arrangements that involve the development and commercialisation of intellectual property rights and in corporate and investment deals where IP is an important asset. She advises on a wide variety of commercial and intellectual property transactions (the large majority of which are cross-border) across a range of industries, most notably in the life sciences, technology, media and consumer product sectors.
Examples of her recent experience include advising:
- life science companies on agreements for the licensing and development of novel compounds (both with commercial organisations and academic institutions);
- leading pharmaceutical companies on acquisitions and disposals of rights in pharmaceutical products and on related arrangements for the supply of products, including the manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs);
- SMEs and multinational companies on supply and distribution agreements for a wide range of consumer products;
- medical device, digital health and engineering companies on joint ventures, collaborations and strategic partnerships;
- a well-known global technology company on the IP aspects of its acquisitions of e-commerce and software platforms; and
- a fast-growing start-up on the IP and commercial arrangements relating to the creation, protection and exploitation of a new children’s character
Before becoming a lawyer, Claire spent a number of years working for Abbott Laboratories’ medical device business. She started out in the company’s quality assurance team, and then moved into its operations division to become a project manager. Since being at Bristows, Claire has also spent time seconded to the in-house legal team of a leading global pharmaceutical company.
Claire is the co-editor of “Getting the Deal Through – Licensing”, a comprehensive multi-jurisdictional guide to IP licensing laws. She is also a member of the UK BioIndustry Association’s Intellectual Property Advisory Committee.
- MA Law, University of Oxford
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, University of Bristol
- Qualified 2003
- Partner 2019
Legal 500 2019/2018