Claire is an intellectual property lawyer. She specialises in commercial arrangements that involve the development and commercialisation of IP rights and in corporate and investment deals where IP is an important asset. She advises on a wide variety of transactions (the large majority of which are cross-border) across a range of industries, most notably in the life sciences, technology, media and consumer product sectors.
Examples of her recent experience include advising:
- Life science companies on agreements for the licensing and development of novel compounds (both with commercial organisations and academic institutions)
- leading pharmaceutical companies on acquisitions and disposals of rights in pharmaceutical products and on related arrangements for the supply of products, including the manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs)
- SMEs and multinational companies on supply and distribution agreements for a wide range of consumer products
- medical device, digital health and engineering companies on joint ventures, collaborations and strategic partnerships
- a well-known global technology company on the IP aspects of its acquisitions of e-commerce and software platforms
- a fast-growing start-up on the IP and commercial arrangements relating to the creation, protection and exploitation of a new children’s character
Before becoming a lawyer, Claire spent a number of years working for Abbott Laboratories’ medical device business. She started out in the company’s quality assurance team, and then moved into its operations division to become a project manager. Since being at Bristows, Claire has also spent time seconded to the in-house legal team of a leading global pharmaceutical company.
Claire is the co-editor of “Getting the Deal Through – Licensing”, a comprehensive multi-jurisdictional guide to IP licensing laws. She is also a member of the UK BioIndustry Association’s Intellectual Property Advisory Committee.
- MA Law, University of Oxford
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, University of Bristol
- Qualified 2003
- Partner 2019
Legal 500 2019/2018