Tim joined the real estate practice in 2008. He has experience in a wide range of commercial real estate transactions acting for a variety of clients ranging from institutional investors to private individuals.
Recent real estate experience includes:
- Acting on behalf of a joint venture vehicle in relation to the disposal of a portfolio of investment properties for a total consideration in excess of £110m.
- Advising a joint venture in relation to the acquisition and development of a multi-let city centre industrial building and conversion to student accommodation use.
- Acting on behalf of a multinational technology business on the acquisition of a new London HQ with an annual rent in excess of £2.5m. This transaction was conditional upon completion of extensive structural works by the Landlord and the transfer of ownership of an existing fit out. Restructuring the UK property interests of a NYSE listed technology and licensing business.
- Acting on behalf of a clean energy business in connection with the preparation for sale and ultimate disposal of a site designated as a waste wood processing plant and biomass power station.
- Advising a global life sciences business on the exit from existing premises and acquisition of a purpose built headquarters building.
Tim is interested in the potential for technology to improve the way that property is designed, constructed, traded and occupied. He has committed to promoting London as a home for the international technology community as a Tech London Advocate.
- LLB (Hons), University of Southampton
- LLM, University of Southampton
- Qualified 2004
- Partner 2018
What others say
"The ‘exceptional’ Tim Allen"Legal 500 2020
"In particular, Tim Allen is a key individual at Bristows. He takes a commercial view on issues in order to best advise the client whilst ensuring negotiations do not become protracted."Legal 500 2020
Tim Allen has proven to be ‘invaluable in lease negotiations on a tight timeframe’.Legal 500 2019/2018
"Senior associate Tim Allen ‘demonstrates good business acumen and avoids over-labouring minor points’."Legal 500 2017
Commercial Property: Corporate Occupiers (next generation partner)
Legal 500 2020
Commercial Property: Corporate Occupiers
Legal 500 2020/2019/2018
Legal 500 2019/2018
Real Estate - Commercial property (next generation lawyer)
Legal 500 2017