Vik specialises in all aspects of commercial technology law and regularly leads complex and strategic technology projects. In particular, Vik advises on outsourcing, software development and licensing, digital transformation, cloud computing, e-commerce, and other arrangements involving the use or exploitation of IP and technology.
In addition, Vik has a growing practice in emerging disruptive technologies like artificial intelligence, advising both high-growth and established businesses as they develop, deploy and scale new products and services in the market.
Vik acts for clients in a diverse range of sectors, including technology, media, government, healthcare and financial services. Having spent significant time seconded to clients – including a global energy company and the Singapore arm of a major telecoms provider – Vik has a keen understanding of the needs of clients’ legal and business teams.
Recent projects Vik has led include:
- a £1 billion global customer operations outsourcing involving cutting-edge robotic process automation technology;
- an agile software development project for a government department relating to critical national security infrastructure;
- a core banking platform design, build and implementation project for a world-renowned software vendor;
- negotiations with NHS Trusts on behalf of a healthtech provider for the provision of cloud-based medical diagnostics platforms; and
- Genomics England’s procurement of bioinformatics services relating to its 100,000 Genomes Project.
- LLB (Hons) Law, University College London
- Qualified 2009
- Partner 2020
What others say
“Vik Khurana is experienced in handling IT focused transactions, particularly in relation to new areas of development such as digital health and artificial intelligence. Clients include companies within the media, financial services, healthcare and public sectors.”Chambers and Partners 2023
"Very commercially aware, excellent technology and healthcare expertise, and he's great at delivering training to our business."Thomson Reuters Stand-Out Lawyers 2022
“Like an orchestra conductor, he gets everyone to work in harmony together and coordinate their resources.”Chambers and Partners 2022
“Vikram Khurana is experienced in handling IT focused transactions, particularly in relation to new areas of development such as digital health and artificial intelligence. Clients include companies within the media, financial services, healthcare and public sectors."Chambers and Partners 2022
"Excellent technology and healthcare expertise."Acritas 2021
"He's [Vik Khurana] great at delivering training to our business."Acritas 2021
"Very commercially aware."Acritas 2021
"Vik Khurana earned the trust of our IT and Procurement team from the outset and quickly became a go to adviser on our global networks and infrastructure projects."Legal 500 2021
"Vik Khurana deserves mention for providing a fantastic service [and] down-to-earth and pragmatic legal advice – an expert in his fields”Legal 500 2020