Samuel advises on a broad range of corporate transactional matters, as well as providing general corporate advice to clients. Samuel has worked with a variety of technology-focussed and life sciences clients, from start-ups through to global pharmaceutical companies, drawing on his knowledge of those sectors from his time at Imperial College, London.
Samuel has experience in equity and debt investments, M&A deals, and equity capital markets transactions. Examples of recent work include:
- Advising WPP, the FTSE 100-listed multinational creative services company, on various acquisitions and disposals, including its recent acquisition of Satalia, the global leader in enterprise AI, as well as internal reorganisations.
- Advising Abingdon Health, the lateral flow diagnostics company, on its IPO on AIM in December 2020, raising £22m from new and existing investors.
- Advising the chemotherapy clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, NuCana, on the English law aspects of various ECM transactions, including its follow-on offering on NASDAQ in September 2020 raising $80.5m.
- Acting for Base Genomics and its majority shareholders, Oxford Sciences Innovation and Ollie Waterhouse, on the sale of the company to Exact Sciences for $410m.
- Advising the vision-based patient monitoring and management systems company, Oxehealth (a spin-out from the University of Oxford) on various equity fundraisings and a recent listing of loan notes on TISE in Jersey.
Samuel is also a contributor to Bristows’ life sciences’ microsite, On the Pulse, and the annual Biotech Review of the Year.
- BSc Biochemistry, Imperial College, London
- Qualified 2017