Sean is an associate in the brands, designs and copyright team. His expertise is in contentious matters and his recent litigation experience includes:
- Acting for Vectura in High Court passing off proceedings brought by GlaxoSmithKline
- Acting for Fidelis in High Court trade mark infringement proceedings brought by Fidelity
- Acting for Blizzard in liability proceedings and a subsequent account of profits in litigation relating to the sale of unauthorised ‘cheats’ and ‘bots’ for Blizzard’s online games
- Acting for luxury brands in disputes relating to the manufacture and sale of infringing items of jewellery
- Acting for Thomas Pink in High Court trade mark infringement proceedings against Victoria’s Secret
- Acting for Google in High Court proceedings in which online mapping provider Streetmap alleged that Google had abused a dominant position.
Sean also advises brands and publishers on compliance with advertising regulations, disputes with competitors and investigations by the UK’s advertising regulator, the ASA.
He writes and speaks on his areas of interest, including for Bristows’ Brands Review of the Year, the Globe Law & Business publications Brand Protection Online and International Advertising Law. Sean has also presented a webinar for MBL Seminars on ‘How to Protect Image Rights in the Digital Age’.
- BA History and Politics, University of Warwick, 2009
- Qualified 2013
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, University of Oxford, 2016
MIP, IP Stars 2019
Media and Entertainment
Legal 500 2019
Legal 500 2019