Matt has over 30 years’ experience in advising on all aspects of corporate law in particular domestic and international M&A, equity financings and venture capital, joint ventures, IPO’s and other securities issues.
Matt is recognised for his extensive experience in corporate transactions for clients across all industries but in particular technology, media, telecoms, life sciences and other IP-rich industries.
He frequently advises on mid-market transactions, whether acting for large corporates, management teams, investors, or early stage companies.
He has acted on VC and PE investment transactions for over 25 years, ranging from large buy outs to early stage financings.
Recent transactions include:
- Acting for a Nordic telecoms operator on its JV arrangements with BT and the sale of its interest
- Acting for Sure Telecom on its acquisition of Airtel-Vodafone (subject to regulatory approval)
- Acting for a lithium sulphur battery technology developer on successive financing rounds raising over £30m
- Acting for Neuraxpharm on its acquisition of Glenmark’s CNS product portfolio, and on the acquisition of cannabidiol distributor S.T.U
- The sale of a business providing a smart energy trading network for residential customers
- The acquisition of edtech company Sumdog by a leading Nordic edTech business
- LLB Law, University of Southampton
- Qualified 1990
- Partner 2000
What others say
“Matt Dennis is noted for his focus in the technology and IP-rich industries.”Legal 500 2024
"Matt Dennis of Bristows LLP has a particular focus on advising clients in the technology and IP sectors. Recent engagements include acting for Blackboard on its purchase of Remote-Learner UK."Chambers and Partners 2017
"The 'brilliant' Matt Dennis has recently moved to Bristows LLP. He focuses on representing clients in technology and IP-rich industries, handling a range of M&A, joint ventures and corporate finance."Chambers and Partners 2016