Adrian specialises in patent disputes, particularly in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors. He regularly advises clients on all issues relating to the enforcement and validity of patents and supplementary protection certificates, including topical issues such as medical use claims, plausibility, antibody functional claims, Article 3 of the SPC Regulation, and the doctrine of equivalents. Adrian also acts for clients in contractual disputes involving patent rights, both before the High Court and in private international arbitrations.
In addition to his expertise in English proceedings, Adrian frequently assists clients with the coordination of litigation in other jurisdictions, working with law firms in Europe, Korea, India, China and the Middle East. In particular, Adrian advises a top five pharmaceutical company in the enforcement of its worldwide patent portfolio for one of its blockbuster drugs.
- Teva v AstraZeneca (Patents Court, Court of Appeal)
- Teva v Leo (Patents Court, Court of Appeal, EPO)
- Actavis v Eli Lilly (atomoxetine, Patents Court)
- Warner Lambert v NHS England (pregabalin, Patents Court)
- Teva v Eli Lilly (Patents Court)
- Alcon v Aspire & Accord (Patents Court)
- BSc Biology, University College London
- LLB Law, College of Law
- Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law, Oxford University
- Qualified 2013