Eden joined Bristows as an associate in May 2022 and is part of the patent litigation team. Prior to joining Bristows Eden trained as a patent attorney, qualifying in both Europe and the UK in 2021.
Eden’s work in patent litigation is predominately within the technology sector where he utilises his knowledge of mechanical/electrical engineering and physics. Particular areas of his previous work include biometric analysis, aerospace engineering, refrigeration systems, security systems, robotics, oil and gas technology and process engineering. He is also an Authorised Representative before the UPC.
Eden has experience across the full life cycle of patents, including drafting and prosecuting applications through to grant before both the UK Intellectual Property Office and European Patent Office (EPO). His previous work has also included opposition and appeal proceedings before the EPO, managing international patent portfolios and carrying out freedom-to-operate analysis. Eden now leverages this comprehensive experience of patents in patent litigation.
- BSc (Hons) Physics, Durham University
- PGCert Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London
- Chartered (UK) Patent Attorney, 2021
- European Patent Attorney, 2021
- Intellectual Property Litigation Certificate, IPReg Board
- Authorised Representative before the UPC