Fiona joined Bristows in January 2019 and is now a senior associate in the commercial IP/IT group.
Fiona specialises in data protection and privacy law. Her clients are mainly from the life sciences and technology sectors, with a particular focus on health tech. She also advises clients in the media sector.
Fiona’s wide-ranging experience includes:
- advising organisations on how to deal with a personal data breach, including whether to make notifications to the ICO and data subjects;
- drafting Data Sharing Agreements, Controller-Processor contracts and Joint Controller Agreements;
- GDPR-compliance implementation and review for a range of types and sizes of organisations;
- advising on the role and appointment of a DPO;
- analysing the need for organisations to appoint an EU Representative, Main Establishment and/or Lead Authority;
- drafting BCRs, completing model contract clauses and advising on other methods of transfer outside of the EEA;
- dealing with ICO investigations/enforcement actions; and
- advising on legal basis in the context of clinical trials.
Fiona’s previous work with public sector organisations has also given her a strong background in dealing with Freedom of Information Requests.
- BA Classics, University of Cambridge
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School
- LPC, College of Law
- Qualified in 2013