Fiona joined Bristows in January 2019 as an associate is the commercial IP/IT group. Fiona advises on data protection, privacy law, freedom of information, PECR and the re-use of public sector information regulations. Her clients are mainly from the TMT sector, with a particular focus on Healthtech.
Fiona’s wide-ranging experience includes:
- advising organisations on how to deal with a personal data breach, including whether to make notifications to the ICO and data subjects;
- drafting Data Processing Agreements, Controller-Processor contracts and Joint Controller Agreements;
- GDPR-compliance implementation and review for a range of types and sizes of organisations;
- advising on the role and appointment of a DPO;
- analysing the need for organisations to appoint an EU Representative, Main Establishment and/or Lead Authority;
- drafting BCRs, completing model contract clauses and advising on other methods of transfer outside of the EEA;
- dealing with ICO investigations/enforcement actions.
Fiona’s previous work with public sector organisations has also given her a strong background in dealing with Freedom of Information Requests.
- BA, Classics, University of Cambridge
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School
- LPC, College of Law
- Qualified in 2013