Fiona joined Bristows in January 2019 as an associate is the commercial IP/IT group.Fiona advises on data protection, privacy law, freedom of information, PECR and the re-use of public sector information regulations. Her clients are mainly from the TMT sector, with a particular focus on Healthtech.
– advising organisations on how to deal with a personal data breach, including whether to make notifications to the ICO and data subjects;
– drafting Data Processing Agreements, Controller-Processor contracts and Joint Controller Agreements;
– GDPR-compliance implementation and review for a range of types and sizes of organisations;
– Advising on the role and appointment of a DPO;
– Analysing the need for organisations to appoint an EU Representative, Main Establishment and/or Lead Authority;
– Drafting BCRs, completing model contract clauses and advising on other methods of transfer outside of the EEA;
– Dealing with ICO investigations/enforcement actions.
Fiona’s previous work with public sector organisations has also given her a strong background in dealing with Freedom of Information Requests.
* Fiona’s previous work with public sector organisations has also given her a strong background in dealing with Freedom of Information Requests.
* Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Law School
* LPC, College of Law
* Qualified in 2013