Our publishing and media clients include major publishing houses, television companies and leading players in the computer games industry.
They seek our advice on a broad range of issues - both contentious and non-contentious - which include publishing rights, content acquisition and Iicensing, digital rights management and privacy. It's a field where our extensive experience of intellectual property law pays real dividends and enables clients to capitalise on what are often their most significant assets.
We advise traditional as well as new media publishers on a wide range of issues including publishing agreements, the acquisition and licensing of content, pre-publication rights clearance and associated brand, defamation and IP issues.
Recently we have advised:
- a leading global advertising agency in relation to the negotiation of various talent agreements
- a TV production company in relation to script commissioning arrangements
- Endemol on the resolution of disputes relating to its programmes
- a US TV channel on social networking sites
- a well-known children's author in relation to TV series production agreement