Bristows has one of the largest groups of non-contentious IP lawyers in the UK specialising in standalone IP transactions.
Many of our lawyers have extensive technical qualifications and industry experience, and we work with a wide range of clients including household names, multi-nationals and start-ups. Our clients come from across the IT, electronics, communications, publishing, biotech, pharmaceutical and branding sectors. The issues we advise them on include anything from high value technology development deals or the licensing and merchandising of brands through to the IP aspects of a corporate transaction or the application of competition rules to IP licences.
Recently we have advised:
- Diageo plc on numerous projects including its global merchandising programme for the Guinness brand, the development and protection of new recipes, packaging and processes, and the ownership of a number of its world famous brands
- Nomura Phase 4 Ventures on its role as lead investor in its establishment of Albireo AB, the first ever spin-out from AstraZeneca
- Associated British Foods on its acquisition of rights relating to various enzymes and technology from Syngenta
- Freeview, the provider of the UK's terrestrial digital television broadcast system, on a range of branding, licensing issues and promotion
- British Airways on the design and procurement of all new seats for business class travellers
- Cadbury on intra-group IP licensing issues