Our team advises on every aspect of outsourcing contracts.
We work with providers and users of services for various business processes – including IT infrastructure, finance and accounting, desktop, application development and support, communications, facilities management, HR and merchant acquiring – and have experience of negotiating and drafting both onshore and offshore arrangements.
We are at the cutting edge of developments in this area, advising on one of the first major outsourcings by a leading multinational of its “SIAM” (service integration and management) function and taking on a thought leadership role in the market on the impact of robotics and AI and advising on a robotic automation project for a major UK bank. Our specialist lawyers are experienced in all the varied elements of outsourcing including procurement strategies, pricing, service level agreements, TUPE, sector-specific regulatory, corporate, tax and property issues. We have extensive experience of managing second generation deals, cloud-enabled services and insourcing as well as expertise in issues arising from exit and termination, including disputes.
Recently we have advised:
- A FTSE 100 consumer goods business on its global IT infrastructure outsourcing (covering over 50 countries). This deal included transferring service from a ten year incumbent to a new supplier, insourcing certain elements and implementing an innovative SIAM regime to manage the client’s end to end IT and BPO requirements
- A major logistics services provider on one of the UK’s largest full-scope offshore BPO transactions
- A Tier 1 Indian IT services firm on a variety of IT and business process outsourcings (with both onshore and offshore elements), including to clients in the life sciences, consumer goods, media and financial services sectors
- A telecoms outsourcing by a large UK head quartered health care provider covering voice, WAN, LAN and mobile across the globe and 80,000+ staff. A key issue was ensuring that promised cost savings were delivered and that our client had flexibility around its volume commitments and termination rights
- One of Europe’s largest providers of outsourcing and consulting services on numerous IT and BPO outsourcing deals across a variety of sectors
- A financial services firm on the global consolidation of its IT outsourcing arrangements and move to cloud based services. In addition to advising on the implementation of cutting edge technology we helped to ensure that the project would allow the firm to continue to operate in full compliance with FCA and German (BaFin) guidance in relation to “material” outsourcing transactions