Real estate is undergoing unprecedented change as new technologies revolutionise the way it is designed, valued and used. With our market-leading technology practice our real estate team provides insight into the exciting areas which are disrupting real estate including the Sharing Economy, Smart Cities, Data, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.
Our real estate lawyers offer comprehensive commercial property expertise for clients investing in, developing or financing real estate, as well as owners and occupiers of business space. Our team is known as a responsive, effective and dynamic group providing innovative and commercially sensitive advice to clients.
Clients come to us for support on everything from buying, selling, leasing and managing real estate through to the structuring and establishment of joint ventures and co-investment vehicles, including the launch of new property funds.
We work closely with our colleagues in Bristows' highly-regarded corporate and tax groups and are able to offer our clients an integrated multi-disciplinary service that meets the full range of their real estate needs. We regularly advise on corporate headquarters deals, portfolio reorganisations and commercial leasing advice. We also work with many international companies and lawyers on the real estate aspects of inward investment and UK business start-ups.
Our commercial real estate experience includes:
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Sale and leasebacks
- Commercial landlord and tenant
- Environment and sustainability
- Dispute resolution
- Lease renewals
- Property tax
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Fund structuring
- Asset management
- Joint ventures
- Equity participation
- Development agreements
- Forward sales/purchases
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for the fund manager throughout the life-cycle of a sector specific fund from fund structuring and set-up through to acquisition, development, letting, management and ultimate disposal
- Acting for one of the world’s most recognised brands on a 25 year partnering project with one of the U.K’s leading REITs to deliver a phased, mixed-use development of a 40 acre industrial site
- Acting for a major bank on real estate finance projects in the U.K.
- Advising a developer on the financing, structuring and real estate aspects of a brownfield development project whose end-user was a major supermarket
- Providing real estate advice to a Central London land-owner on the letting and development of its historic estate comprising more than 350,000 square feet of office and residential accommodation
- Acting for a Royal Charter body on a substantial lease regearing and financing project