Competition law specialists Sophie Lawrance and Edwin Bond will be presenting this webinar. This is aimed at those who wish to further their understanding of the treatment of IP licensing under EU competition law, and who want to learn how to minimises competition law risk when crafting IP licences.
The live session will begin with a presentation, and then use a series of case studies to explore some of the common competition law pitfalls that arise in the context of IP licensing.
- The basics
- Relationship between IP and competition law
- EU competition law’s approach to IP licence agreements and their potential pro- and anti-competitive effects
- Consequences of infringing competition law
- The competition law framework for IP licensing
- Article 101 TFEU and the block exemption ‘safe harbours’
- The 2014 Technology Transfer Block Exemption (TTBE) and accompanying Guidelines – purpose and scope
- Potentially problematic IP licence clauses under Article 101 and the TTBE
- Issues to watch out for under Article 102 TFEU
For more information and to register, please see the MBL website.