Having effective distribution networks is key to many businesses remaining competitive in the market. Interested in the treatment of distribution and other vertical agreements under EU competition law? How do you craft such agreements in a way that reduces competition law risk?
Stephen Smith and Isobel Thomas will be presenting this webinar, discussing a few of the key issues to watch out for from a competition law perspective, as well as exploring the recent case law and enforcement activity in this area.
This live and interactive session will cover:
- The Competition Law Framework for Vertical Agreements
- Prohibition of anticompetitive agreements (Article 101 TFEU) and the block exemption ‘safe harbours’
- The Vertical Agreements Block Exemption (VABE) and accompanying guidelines – purpose and scope
- Prohibition of abuses of a dominant position (Article 102 TFEU)
- Consequences of breaching competition law
- Competition Law Issues in Vertical Agreements
- Types of distribution
- Issues to watch out
- Selective distribution (Coty)
- Resale price maintenance
- Issues in online distribution (Ping, Beauty Bay, Guess)
- Algorithms and price harmonisation
For more information, see the MBL website.