To mark the release of our annual Brands Review of the Year and Designs and Copyright Review of the Year publications, we’ll be looking back at some of the key developments in trade marks, domain names, passing off, designs, copyright and database rights and discussing the most important cases of 2019.
The topics and cases discussed will include amongst others:
- Glaxo Wellcome UK Ltd (t/a Allen & Hanburys) v Sandoz Ltd and Vectura – passing off and the colour purple
- AMS Neve & Others v Heritage Audio SL – guidance from the court regarding jurisdictional matters for infringement claims
- Colour marks – the latest instalments in Red Bull and Louboutin
- Warner & Sony v TuneIn Inc: the UK High Court attempts to reconcile the CJEU’s approach to ‘communication to the public’ over the internet for the first time
- Cofemel: Following the CJEU’s judgment that originality is the only criteria for a copyright work to subsist, will the UK amend our copyright laws post-Brexit to comply?
- Beverley Hills Teddy Bear v PMS: the IPEC refers questions to the CJEU for clarification over whether a design has to be first disclosed within the EU to benefit from the Community Unregistered Design Right
- Post-Brexit update
If you would like to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.