This course will cover the public procurement rules which govern the sale of all goods and services to public bodies; especially the NHS.
With the significant pressure on public sector finances and the pressure on the NHS to reduce its procurement costs, this workshop is aimed at anyone advising on commercial relationships for the sale of pharmaceuticals or medical devices.
What You Will Learn
The workshop will cover the following topics:
• An introduction to the EU & UK public procurement regime and the impact of Brexit
• The different bodies involved in the NHS procurement process
• Tendering practices – dealing with the NHS Commercial Medicines Unit
• The role of framework agreements
• The rules on varying contracts
• How to challenge a procurement award
• Tendering tips for dealing with the NHS