Commercial IP Associate
The Commercial IP team is part of Bristows’ internationally renowned IP practice and is made up of lawyers specialising in commercial IP. We focus on deals where IP is at the heart of the transaction and act for clients whose businesses centre on technology, life sciences, brands or media.
We work closely with lawyers in other parts of the firm but the vast majority of our work is stand-alone, as opposed to corporate support, with our lawyers taking the lead and having control.
We are looking for an associate to join the Commercial IP team, who will specialise in Commercial IP work.
Candidates should be accustomed to assuming a high level of responsibility on transactions. They should be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm for business development and the wider aspects of the role of an associate, such as knowledge management and, depending on level of seniority, the delegation to and management and mentoring of junior lawyers.
First rate, substantial legal skills and experience are essential, as is an enthusiasm for getting involved in the sectors mentioned in the attached briefs. The candidates should be ambitious and self-motivated yet able to fit naturally into the distinctively collaborative, mutually supportive and friendly culture that exists at Bristows. The candidates should have excellent interpersonal skills as the position will involve client contact and participation in business development activities, often in collaboration with lawyers in other teams at Bristows.
We are looking for lawyers who:
- have experience of the pharmaceutical/life sciences sector;
- ideally have experience of advising on R&D, licensing and partnering arrangements in the pharmaceutical/life sciences sector
- are natural, down-to-earth, confident, at ease with people;
- are good team players, enjoy their work but do not take themselves too seriously;
- are articulate in writing and orally;
- can analyse complex factual and legal situations with a determination to get to the “bottom of things” and
- come up with sensible commercial solutions, own the drafting and negotiate the deal; and
- can develop strong relationships with clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to help the Commercial IP practice in a unique firm with a prestigious platform of skills and clients; a firm that is performing well with a clear vision of where it is headed and the type of firm it wishes to be: a firm that is committed to delivering excellent client service and being financially successful (but not obsessed with profit targets), whilst also providing an enjoyable and civilised working environment for all.
See our work on inclusion and diversity.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com