For many businesses, establishing effective distribution networks are crucial to remaining competitive in the market. However, such networks have faced increased scrutiny from the competition law authorities in recent years resulting in greater uncertainty.
Partner Stephen Smith and associate Isobel Thomas will be the experts presenting this learn live webinar. They will summarise some of the key issues to watch out for from a competition law perspective, as well as exploring the recent case law and enforcement activity in this area.
- The Competition Law Framework for Vertical Agreements
- Prohibition of anticompetitive agreements (Article 101 TFEU) and the block exemption ‘safe harbours’
- The Vertical Agreements Block Exemption (VABE) and accompanying guidelines – purpose and scope
- Prohibition of abuses of a dominant position (Article 102 TFEU)
- Consequences of breaching competition law
- Competition Law Issues in Vertical Agreements
- Types of distribution
- Issues to watch out
- Selective distribution (Coty)
- Resale price maintenance
- Issues in online distribution (Ping, Beauty Bay, Guess)
- Algorithms and price harmonisation
For more information, see the MBL website.