Brexit won’t halt the enforcement of the EU General Data Protection Regulation on 25 May 2018; organisations need to ensure they are ready for compliance now or face the prospect of hefty fines.
To mark just 365 days to go, our next DP Exchange event is focusing on how to ensure your processing of personal data for marketing will be legal.
On the agenda:
• The legal grounds for processing, specifically Consent and Legitimate Interests
• How to ensure your marketing activities are compliant?
• The ICO’s Guidance on Consent and the difficulties it presents
• The DPN’s Working Group Guidance on Legitimate Interests
• New controls for E Privacy
DP Exchange events are designed to be a mix of informative presentations, lively debate and an opportunity to meet with other professionals in the field and we hope you can join us.
Robert Bond, Partner Bristows LLP (&Chairman of the DPN Governance Board) &
Rosemary Smith, Owner of Opt-4 (& co-founder of the Data Protection Network)
Stephen McCartney, Director of Information Governance & Data Protection Officer at the Royal Mail Group