The international patent prosecution and litigation landscape will see fundamental changes following the creation of a new Unified Patent Court and a new patent with unitary effect. C5 will host key speakers in Munich for the 20th anniversary of their Life Sciences IP Summit. New this year is the addition of a patent term extensions masterclass, not to be missed at a time when the industry is facing such significant change.
Partner and IP specialist Liz Cohen will be co-chairing the conference, alongside Dr. Andreas von Falck, Hogan Lovells. This hybrid event will run from Monday 17 – Tuesday 18 October 2022.
Specialist in all aspects of EU and UK regulatory law in the biopharmaceutical sector, partner Xisca Borrás will be speaking at the masterclass on Wednesday 19 October, on the topic of “Examining the current drug exclusivity landscape in Europe: Implementing the latest strategies for effective patent lifecycle management”.
Topics of discussion include:
- Spotlight on patent prosecution tools for the new unitary patent era
- Strategy session for patent litigation in the Unified Patent Court
- Focus session on plausibility, sufficiency, and inventive step
- Tactical tool-kit for claiming antibody and epitope claims
- Update on priority: incorporating the latest jurisprudence into your patent prosecution strategy
- Life sciences litigator think tank on “what I wish the patent prosecutor would have done”
For more information and to register, see the C5 website. Use the code S10-636-636L23.S to save 10%.