Our partner, Liz Cohen will be speaking at ACI’s 9th Annual Paragraph IV Disputes Master Symposium which will take place on October 24 – 25 at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place in Chicago.
Liz will be speaking on ‘What every U.S. pharmaceutical patent litigator needs to know about the Unitary Patent (UP) and the Unified Patent Court (UPC)’ alongside Sarah Fendrick (Alnylam Pharmaceuticals), Ha Kung Wong (Venable LLP) and Ruud van der Velden (Hogan Lovells).
Topics include but not limited to:
- Patents, drug pricing, and price controls: understanding how the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) will impact the value of pharmaceutical IP
- The pain of rejection: a deep dive into the business and legal implications of the supreme court’s denial of cert. in recent patent eligibility and carve-out cases
- Patent reissue and re-examination in the Hatch-Waxman Realm: strategies for when to pursue and correct patent errors
- District Court Judges on the present state of Paragraph IV Litigation: filing trends, settlements and timings
- Best practices for utilizing FDA’s Citizen Petition Process: brand and generic recommendations for achieving market access and petitions for reconsideration
- Cybersecurity, information security, and the ethical protection of data
To learn more and view the full agenda, see the ACI website.