The kind of person we're looking for:
- is clever and enjoys engaging their brain
- takes responsibility and thinks for themselves
- wants to join in, work as part of a team and contribute to the firm
- understands this is a people-based business
- with good communications skills
- is passionate about a career in law
- wants to succeed but not at the expense of their colleagues
At fairs and presentations:
Spend some time, however brief,
look in the fair guide!
Prepare a few questions to ask to all law firms
this can make your comparison much easier.
Tips for your application form:
- Fill in everything carefully - we do care about typos.
- Tailor what you say — show why you’ve chosen Bristows rather than any other city law firm.
- Let your answers give a flavour of you as a person - don't go over the top trying to sell yourself.
- It shows if your form has been rushed, so give yourself the best chance and prepare everything early.
At video interview:
- Be professional – you may be at home or university — but dress the part and present yourself as if interviewing in person.
- Try to use a plain/neutral background – you don’t want the reviewer to be distracted by the television or posters behind you.
- Find somewhere quiet, where you won’t be interrupted during your recording – and make sure you’re free from distraction, so you can make the most of your time.
- The video interview system gives you unlimited practice time before you record, so make best use of this to refine your answers and get confident.
- Try to engage with the camera rather than the screen – it may be difficult to ignore yourself, but Launchpad has a handy blurring tool that may help you with this.
Be on time for your interview
if this is your first time making the journey to the office, set off early so you can locate us ahead of time
Then use your spare time for last-minute prep in a nearby coffee shop. You can even grab a coffee in the atrium of our building.
If something unexpected goes wrong with your journey
we will understand,
but please do try to contact us so we can let your interviewers know
Look the part - smart and professional