This website www.bristows.com / www.bristowsupc.com / www.bristowscookiejar.com / www.bristowsclipboard.com / training.bristows.com (the "Site") is operated by Bristows LLP of 100 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DH, also referred to in this Privacy Statement as "we" or "us". Bristows LLP is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat your personal information.
Information we may collect from you through the Site
- Your name, address, email address and other contact details;
- Records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us;
- Details of your visit to our Site and the resources that you access;
Our use of your personal information collected through the Site
We may use personal information collected from you through the Site in the following ways:
- To ensure that the Site are presented to you in an effective manner;
- To provide you with information that you have requested from us;
- Where you have registered to do so, to send you electronic and/or paper form marketing and other materials relating to our services, unless you would prefer us not to do so (see Your Rights below); and,
- To consider any recruitment application or curriculum vitae that you submit though the Site (please note that for trainee recruitment our processing of the information you include in your application is governed by a separate Privacy Statement).
We may also obtain information about your general internet usage through the use of 'cookies' which enable us to make certain parts of the Site easier to use and to improve the Site. Please see our Cookies Statement for more information.When you enter the Site, we may also collect information, where available, about your computer for system administration purposes such as your IP address, operating system and browser type.
This information is statistical data about our users' browsing patterns and generally does not individually identify our users.
How we process your offline personal data
As well as information collected from you through the Site, we may also obtain personal information in other ways, such as by phone, email or in paper form. We may receive personal information from our clients (about themselves or about other individuals) which is provided to us in confidence for use in the provision of legal advice to our client.
Our handling of that information is subject to our client's instructions. We will also receive personal information from our clients, or from others, about themselves or about other individuals (such as our corporate clients' employees) which is provided to us for use for the purpose of carrying out our business of providing legal services. We will handle that information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
This information could include:-
Our use of your personal information
- Your name, email address and other contact details;
- Records of your correspondence with us;
- Your bank account details and/or other billing details; and/or
- Copies of your passport, utility bills and/or other identifying information required to be provided to us for anti-money laundering purposes.
We may use personal information collected otherwise than through the Site in the following ways:-
Disclosing your personal information
- To provide you (or the company on behalf of which you instruct us) with legal advice or other information that you have requested from us;
- To invoice you for services we have provided to you (or the company on behalf of which you instruct us);
- To keep records of the work we have carried out for you (or the company on behalf of which you instruct us);
- To send you electronic and/or paper form marketing materials relating to our services and to invite you to seminars or other events hosted by us, unless you would prefer us not to do (see Your Rights below); and
- In order to fulfil our anti-money laundering obligations, we may keep electronic copies of your passport, driving licence, birth certificate, national identity card or other identifying information required to be provided to us.
We will not share personal information with any third party except where:-
- You have expressly consented for us to share your personal information with third parties;
- In order to provide you (or your company) with legal services, we may provide personal information to the courts, to lawyers advising the other party to a matter we are assisting you with, or to other professionals (such as overseas law firms, patent agents, forensic accountants, or barristers);
- Our firm, or substantially all our firm's assets are merged or acquired by a third party, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets;
- To provide anonymous statistical information about users of the Site and related usage information to reputable third parties; or
- We are using a third party service provider to provide services that involve data processing.
Where we store your personal information
In order to provide our services and the Site, any personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored by a third party at a destination inside or outside the European Economic Area, including in a country where the law provides less protection for personal information. By continuing to use our services or the Site and by providing any personal information, you are consenting to such transfers, storing or processing of your personal information.
If we engage a third party to process personal information on our behalf we contractually require them to apply appropriate safeguards for personal information.
Links to third party websites
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, which can be exercised by checking the relevant boxes when you complete an online form or by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that by continuing to use our services or the Site and by providing any personal information to us offline or via the Site or email addresses provided on the Site, you are consenting to our use of your personal information as set out in this Privacy Statement. Please do not provide us any personal information if you do not want that information to be used by us in this manner.