Our team has experience of the full range of transactions relating to IT services and products, both online and traditional.
This includes the drafting and negotiation of agreements for systems integration, software deployment, data and information provision, disaster recovery, software licensing, cloud computing arrangements, distribution and reseller contracts.
Other transactions we have advised on include joint ventures to fund software development, collaborations between media and technology companies, IT systems development agreements for major corporate users and securing licences for clients who have developed innovative software or electronic equipment. We are also leading experts on cloud computing and agile software development.
Recently we have advised:
- An IT consultancy on the provision of software and database development services to enable its customer to increase the efficiency of its market-leading cross-border financial transaction network
- A client in the maritime logistics sector on the implementation of cutting edge technology to enable more efficient and “greener” use of resources
- A large UK-based bank on upgrading and consolidating its IT services contracts with a supplier of fraud and compliance software. This involved considering the legacy terms in place with businesses that merged as a result of the financial crisis, and moving an incumbent supplier onto MiFID-compliant terms
- On a project to consolidate and update an internationally recognised sporting organisation's CRM systems. Key to the process was assisting our client to manage a competitive procurement process with the two largest Tier 1 IT services vendors and to agree terms with the winner that would allow our client to migrate the solution to its own or a new supplier's systems in the future
- A financial services firm on the global consolidation of its IT outsourcing arrangements in a manner that ensured full compliance with financial sector regulator guidance and on the TUPE aspects of the transaction
- A market leading provider of software licence optimisation tools on its licensing and software development arrangements