Our corporate specialists advise on the government clearances needed by mergers and joint ventures, and also on the strategic and timing effects of competition law issues on proposed transactions.
Our lawyers have significant experience in advising on the competition issues that arise in the drafting of merger and joint venture documentation and on the issues surrounding competition warranties and conditions.
Some of the recent merger cases and issues on which lawyers in our team have advised include:
- obtaining clearance for a ground-breaking media and technology joint venture;
- persuading the EU merger authorities to demand significant modifications to a proposed merger in the converging technologies sectors;
- challenging a joint venture in the mobile telephony field before the EU Commission;
- carrying out a multi-jurisdictional merger review and coordinating relevant notifications for a life sciences client;
- successfully handling a CMA post-completion enquiry for a US-based software company.