We advise on all aspects of product liability, from pre-launch and product recall through to defending claims.
Where claims arise, we advise on the tactics to be employed with a view to achieving a settlement or a successful outcome should a case proceed to Court. We are experienced in dealing with group litigation claims against manufacturers and suppliers. We also advise on steps that can be taken to avoid or minimise the impact of potential claims.
Product Safety & Recall
Our team has expertise in advising clients in all product sectors including medicine and medical devices and other specialist areas on the life cycle of a product from market launch to litigation.
We advise on all regulatory and compliance issues and the implementation of corrective actions, including cross jurisdictional product recalls, when safety concerns arise.
We also advise clients who are subject to compliance investigations and provide support with crisis communication and managing reputation.
Our experience includes:
- Advising a major computer manufacturer about how to manage the reputational and practical risks arising from overheating claims, including how to manage a product recall.
- Devising a strategy to help a pharmaceutical manufacturer to handle claims by multiple claimants arising from clinical trials.
- Advising a consumer products manufacturer about a product recall and claims arising from faults giving rise to electric shocks.
- Creating a strategy to enable a global consumer products company to handle the worldwide claims and publicity arising from a faulty products, including uninsured risks.
- Helping a leisure equipment manufacturer to gather evidence and defend civil and criminal claims arising from a serious accident.
- Advising a global manufacturer how to manage the contractual risks relating to product contamination and damage in the context of storage, transport and shipping.
- Representing a global shaving accessories company in multiple product liability claims.
- Advising a pharmaceutical company in respect of its acquisition of a medicinal product which was subject to multiple product liability claims in several jurisdictions.