Michaela is a senior associate working in the Regulatory department.
Prior to joining Bristows in September 2016, Michaela has worked as a Healthcare Lawyer since her qualification in both Dublin and London. During her career she has advised a wide range of clients in relation to contentious and non-contentious regulatory matters including but not limited to the following:
- Representing hospitals and healthcare professionals in the defence of clinical negligence claims with a particular specialism in catastrophic brain injury and pediatric cases.
- Representing pharmaceutical/medical device companies and hospitals in relation to product liability litigation (including class actions in relation to PIP Implants and metal on metal hip implants).
- Advising clients in the pharmaceutical, medical device and cosmetic sectors on various regulatory issues and on significant commercial disputes, injunctions and judicial review.
- Advising healthcare and general consumer product clients on product safety issues, implementation and co-ordination of product recalls and rectification strategies in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising food companies in relation to the applicable regulatory framework for issues in relation to labelling and traceability requirements. Michaela has also advised food companies in relation to regulatory investigations (including an investigation as part of the Horse Meat scandal). She has also advised corporate clients on matters of compliance with food law in the context of due diligence.
- Advising hospitals and clinicians on a wide range of legal, ethical & regulatory issues including patient capacity, consent, corporate and clinical governance, clinical trials, risk management policies and data protection/freedom of information law in the healthcare sector.
- Advocating on behalf of healthcare clients at Inquests.
Michaela is a regular speaker at Healthcare Conferences in Ireland and has authored a number of articles for the Law Society of Ireland Gazette. She also co-authored the Chapter on Ireland in “Product Recall, Liability and Insurance – A Global Guide”.
- Bachelor of Civil Law, University College Dublin
- Solicitor, England & Wales 2010
- Solicitor, Ireland (currently non-practising) 2010
- Attorney at Law, Admitted to practice in New York (non-practising) 2011