As someone with a strong interest in intellectual property law and a personal emphasis on seeking out positive and collaborative professional environments, Bristows was a natural first choice. The firm’s leading IP practice means that the clients and issues being taken on as a legal professional are dynamic, thought-provoking and have significance in the development of law and practice in this area.
I completed my BA LLB in South Africa and my LLM in intellectual property law at the University of Edinburgh. I spent a couple of years working in Geneva at an international trade law think tank and the World Intellectual Property Organisation before deciding to embark on the road to qualification. I was excited to complete my qualification in a world-leading jurisdiction and in a top-class specialised firm.
From its recruitment process to the training experience, Bristows is very human-focused, and it delivers on its promise of a friendly, approachable and inclusive workplace culture every day. Along with the breadth of cutting-edge matters the firm engages with, this sets Bristows apart in a very meaningful way.
- BA LLB (Law, International Relations, English Literature) University of the Witwatersrand
- International Trade Law Advanced Certificate, Mandela Institute, South Africa
- LLM (Intellectual Property Law), University of Edinburgh
- Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Professional Education
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Professional Education